Do you feel traumatic sometimes, or does your heart pound at one peak of a moment? If yes, then it is the time to stay alert! These signs which you show up might be the indications of a ‘Panic attack’. A panic attack abrupts intense fear and anxiety in the human body reaching its peak within minutes.
The events of a panic attack can occur at any time and anywhere, even during a sleep. Thus a person encountering panic attacks may believe that he or she is experiencing a heart attack or even death is menacing. Most signs and indications of a panic attack are noticeable soon after the distressing episode, while you get aware of other signs days or some weeks later. Knowing the signs and symptoms of panic attacks will help you out in seeking a proper medical recognition right away.
Symptoms of Panic Attack
Here are the lists of some of the symptoms and indications of a person suffering from panic attacks.
- Irregular heartbeats or palpitations, increased heart rate, and throbbing heart.
- A feeling of discomfort or severe chest pain.
- Abdominal distress and a feeling of Nausea.
- Regular heat sensations and chills.
- Tingling sensations in the hands, legs, arms, feet, and other parts of the body or Paresthesia.
- Fear and feeling of dying or lose control on oneself.
- Feeling dizzy, faint, unsteady and lightheaded.
- Feeling of overwhelming anxiety and a fear
- Compelling sense of worry
- Severe anxiousness and stomach upsets.
- A person feels like things are bizarre.
- A state of inability to calm oneself.
- Frequent urination and a feeling of unsteadiness.
- Severe sweating, weakness in the knees, hot or cold flashes, feeling of unreality, shaking and trembling of hands, etc.
Apart from the above signs, a person may even encounter some of the chronic symptoms that might be recurrent or long-lasting. If you come across any of the above indications in yourself or your loved one, then it is advisable you immediately opt for a better treatment option as panic attacks are treatable.
Though the standard treatment methods like the cognitive behavior therapy is considered, different types of psychotherapy methods are helpful for the treatment of Panic attacks. These treatments help in targeting and diagnosing the negative emotions for various psychological issues in a person.
Get to know more about the signs & symptoms of panic attacks along with best treatment options and psychological guidance from our medical professionals for the same. You can call us @+919611194949.