What is the harm reduction program at Cadabam’s Anunitha?
Addiction to alcohol and drugs can be of various kinds and severity. A crucial part is also played by how early the symptoms of addiction are discovered and how early the individuals and the families seek help for the disorder. Cadabams offers a Harm Reduction and Detoxification program for individuals who are in the early stages of substance dependence. This program is for people who are just beginning to develop problems with alcohol or drug consumption.
The program stretches across 30 days and is intensive in nature. At the end of the program, individuals will have learned how to reduce the harm caused by alcohol or drug consumption, they will have learned how to cope with the impulse to consume the substance, they will have learned how to stay away from the substance, and they will have completed a detoxification period overcoming withdrawal symptoms under medical supervision.
The program is for individuals who might not be able to take enough time off from their daily responsibilities to completely indulge in a rehabilitation program. The intensive nature and effectiveness of the program make it the perfect recovery experience for working professionals who need express healing.
What does the program involve?
- Detoxification: Detoxification (detox) is the process of a person's body being cleansed of drugs or alcohol they have taken. When someone quits using drugs or alcohol, detox is used to appropriately treat withdrawal symptoms. Detox is a personal experience for each person. The type of substance used and the length of time it was used have an impact on the detox process. The process involves the evaluation of the individual, their physical fitness, and their symptoms. The next step is to stabilize the individual and their health before beginning detoxification.
- Overcoming withdrawal symptoms: Withdrawal symptoms are the unpleasant physical symptoms that are associated with stopping the consumption of a substance. The harm reduction and detoxification program help the individual overcome these withdrawal symptoms associated with addiction under medical supervision.
- Regular Therapies: These include individual sessions with our multidisciplinary team consisting of psychiatrists, psychologists, family therapists, counselors, and more. Through these sessions, individuals learn about their condition better and begin to develop skills to cope with it. Therapies also include group activities that help individuals recover through interacting with other people going through the same condition. These include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Reel Therapy, Motivation Enhancement Therapy, and more.
- Improvement of Physical and Mental Health: With regular therapeutic sessions, physical fitness activities, and opportunities to play indoor and outdoor games at the rehabilitation center, Cadabams accelerates the improvement of your mental and physical health.
How does this program ensure effective and sustainable recovery?
- This program goes beyond basic symptomatic management and understands the root cause of addiction.
- The program helps individuals develop coping mechanisms against addiction and helps them control the impulse to consume the substance.
- Helps individuals ensure effective recovery without disrupting their employment and family life.
- This program helps individuals who are on the verge of developing a dependency to overcome it and return to daily functioning.
- The program also helps repair the damage caused by addiction and helps individuals regain their physical, mental, emotional, and social health.