What is long-term and palliative care at Cadabams?
Dementia is a difficult disorder to cope with. Especially in its later stages, the disorder results in complete disability, and the individuals will need round the clock care. Such a situation makes it very difficult for the individuals to be cared for at home, and puts caregivers under immense stress. In such situations, during the final stages of the disorder, it is advised for families to avail long-term care or palliative care for their loved ones.
Cadabams offers long-term and palliative care programs for individuals fighting dementia. Our dementia care centre is fully equipped to deal with all the needs of the individuals. With our expert, multidisciplinary team, we offer the best recovery experience in India. Our recovery philosophy includes all stakeholders of the recovery journey and ensures comprehensive and holistic recovery.
What does the program involve?
The program involves multiple different steps that aid recovery. These include:
- Our experts perform a complete examination of the individual. The psychiatrist confirms the diagnosis and walks the family through dementia's many phases. Following that, the family and person can schedule a follow-up appointment with the psychiatrist, as well as a session with one of our expert clinical psychologists, who will assist the individual and family in adjusting to the diagnosis.
- The individuals are always kept engaged with different activities that facilitate recovery. These activities also improve independence in daily activities, and aim at improving quality of life. Our expert medical professionals constantly monitor the individual and their physical and mental health to ensure that they remain healthy.
How does this program ensure effective and sustainable recovery?
- Psychiatrists, psychologists, family therapists, counsellors, senior registrars, and others make up our interdisciplinary team. They work together to guarantee a swift recovery.
- Our fully equipped dementia care centre. With various modifications and advanced safety features, we ensure that your loved ones are always cared for at our centre.
- Various therapies that aim at improving independence, and improving the quality of life.
- Regular festival celebrations and family meets ensuring that the stay here is a fully lived experience.