What is the Post rehabilitation care at Cadabam’s?
Anyone, young or old, can be affected by psychiatric diseases. Individuals can often manage their illness at home with early diagnosis and adequate therapy. Individuals may, nevertheless, require specialist care in designated institutions in specific instances. Major mental diseases, such as schizophrenia, depression, and others, need extensive rehabilitation in order to achieve successful recovery and reintegration into society.
While significant recovery is possible at a rehabilitation centre, the key is to sustain this recovery post discharge. A post-rehabilitation program allows for mental health professionals to regularly check up on their clients’ recovery and helps them prevent any detrioration in the condition or relapse within the individual.
What does the program involve?
The program involves multiple different steps that aid recovery. These include:
- It starts with a thorough assessment of the client's situation and complete profiling. Throughout this time, the person meets with our interdisciplinary team for many one-on-one sessions. Our consulting psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, family therapists, and counselors are all part of this team. During this time, the specialists assist the individual in comprehending the disorder's nature.
- The individual then undergoes a period of intensive rehabilitation. Once the professionals in consultation with family members feel that the individual will be able to handle the rigors of daily life, they are discharged to return to their family and daily life.
- Post-discharge, our professionals keep regular contact with the individual and their families. Through regular interactions, check-ups, and family meets, the individual’s recovery and progress are monitored. Individuals are also encouraged to actively seek employment and academic opportunities while managing their disorder.
How does this program ensure effective and sustainable recovery?
- The program builds upon the intensive recovery achieved during the rehabilitation program.
- It gives the individual and the families regular access to the best mental health professionals at Cadabams.
- The post-rehabilitation program at Cadabams helps an individual live a fulfilling and contented life while facing the challenges of daily living and their disorder.
- It helps the families better understand how to adapt to the changing requirements of the individual and their battle against their mental health disorder.
- It helps the individual sustain their recovery over a longer period, and helps them prevent relapses as well.