What is the supported employment program at Cadabams?
Research shows that individuals who face mental health disorders are much less likely to be employed when compared to other individuals. This excludes people with mental health disorders from performing activities of daily life that are important for their self-confidence and self-image. This also impacts their independence and plays into the stereotype of isolating individuals with mental health issues from society.
We, at Cadabams, have spent over three decades in mental healthcare, and we have seen the struggles of people who are battling mental health disorders. Through our experience, we have understood that performing activities of daily living independently and being meaningfully employed play a huge role in accelerating recovery. Combined with the regular therapeutic sessions and professional care at our rehabilitation centres, supported employment helps individuals remain engaged throughout their recovery journey.
Cadabams Neeraja is our effort to provide people who are fighting mental health issues gain meaningful employment in safe environments. The program facilitates recovery while also giving the person a sense of independence as they progress through their rehabilitative journey.
What does the program involve?
- Consultation: The family and the individual consult with the mental health professionals at Cadabams to discuss the supported employment program. Individuals and the family members are explained the nature of the program and what all it entails.
- Identifying opportunities: The mental health professionals conduct a comprehensive screening of a person’s condition and assess the chronicity of the disorder they are facing. Post this, in consultation with the family and professionals, appropriate job opportunities are identified for the individual.
- Beginning the venture: Once the venture is identified, the individual can begin to be gainfully employed under the expert medical supervision of our professional team. Though the family provides the initial capital, as the venture progresses, a large part of this initial investment is returned in the form of monthly installments.
- An individuals progress through the rehabilitative journey is monitored by our professionals, and we assist the individual in continuing to remain gainfully employed. We also offer post-rehabilitation care to ensure that individuals continue their recovery as they get discharged and return home.
What are the highlights of Cadabams’ Neeraja program?
- Neeraja is a one-of-a-kind program that ensures individuals improve their independence and self-confidence as they battle mental health disorders. It helps them remain gainfully employed while they undergo intensive rehabilitation.
- Constant supervision: Individuals with mental health disorders do need some amount of assistance from trained mental health professionals. As the people remain gainfully employed at Cadabams, we ensure that they are always under medical supervision so that they are always safe and on the road to recovery.
- Neeraja helps the individual find hidden talents or abilities that may have been masked by the stigma of fighting a mental health disorder. The individuals can explore these talents and realize it into an effective and profitable career or business.