Heroin kills! It is estimated in the years 2001 to 2015, there has been an abrupt 500 percent increase in the fatalities that have been caused due to heroin overdoses. Also, 4 out of 5 heroin users have known to be previously using prescription drugs or painkillers in excessive doses.
Now, before you think of helping your loved one from heroin addiction, it is important for you to know what the drug is?
Heroin: as a new drug for opiate addiction
If someone is hooked on this drug, then it is a must they get an immediate help or treatment. Why? Heroin is one of the most addictive deadly drugs in existence.
It comes under the class of drug opiates. These drugs are intensely addictive in nature as the brain receptors are tailor-made to respond to those chemicals which these drugs contain. As and when the brain cells get an access to heroin drug, there the path to addiction starts and the desire to have this drug continues leading to heroin addiction. This is the struggle faced by millions around the world.
Health concerns & effects of Heroin addiction
Heroin addiction has adverse effects on the addict like-
- It causes severe constipation and bloating of liver and kidney
- It can shrink the cells of brain within time
- It leads to breathing problems or even can stop it altogether
- It damages the veins, arteries and the heart possibly leading to infection thus causing death.
Heroin addiction treatment & recovery help
Heroin addiction treatment involves two types- residential and outpatient reach programs. But, when it comes to knowing which type of treatment to prefer for your loved one, then it is better to opt a residential rehab program because there are high chances of relapse considering outpatient programs. Here are few things for you to know about how heroin addiction treatment happens at rehabilitation centers-
- Detoxification– The first step in the process of heroin addiction treatment is detoxification. This process involves giving medications and treatments to help reduce the use of heroin use.
During the detoxification process, the addict usually encounters with the terrible withdrawal symptoms such as sweats, insomnia, fevers, muscle pains, joint pain, nausea, and diarrhea. This is the reason why it is vital to opt for a medical support or a residential rehab program in order to get through the withdrawal symptoms.
- Therapies and programs– Therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy, family therapy, psychotherapies have a great role to play for people dealing with heroin addiction in a residential rehab center. Also, therapy sessions with medical help the addicts as to how to deal with situations such as triggers which makes them the need for heroin use again.
In addition to these, they also provide coping techniques and strategies such as deep breathing, meditation, yoga to help in the process of recovery.
- Preventing relapse– There is a high risk of relapse with respect to heroin addiction for years. Hence heroin addiction needs a long-term relapse prevention program which can be easily availed through residential rehab centers. The heroin addiction treatment center provides follow-up care to prevent the stage of relapses. The methods involved are 12-Step anonymous programs, narcotics support groups along with other individual therapies.
Rather, in a short way, the steps involved in a heroin addiction treatment includes-
- Medically Assisted drug Detox
- 12-Step anonymous Programs
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Educational training
- Family Therapy
- Individual and Group Counseling.
If you see that your loved one is badly addicted to drugs like Heroin or opiates, then we can help you to help them get back their quality life. All you need to do is give them the guidance and assistance along with a support to get through heroin addiction treatment. Visit Cadabam’s today to know more about the right treatment programs or call us @+91 96111 94949 right away to get the proper help and safely recover from Heroin addiction.