Manic Depression treatment, also known as bipolar disorder treatment. A bipolar disorder characterized by mood swings between extreme emotional states. Individuals with bipolar disorder may not be aware of the disorder as it occurs in episodes and may vary. One of the most difficult and important aspects of bipolar disorder treatments is the assessment. Detecting bipolar can be hard as they occur in a due course of time and can be easily misdiagnosed, especially among adolescents.
Manic Depressive Disorder Symptoms:
The manic depression symptoms may include:
- Feelings of worthlessness or emptiness
- Changes in the behavior
- Loss of interest in activities
- Low energy or fatigue
- Face difficulty in concentration and decision-making
- Irritability or Restlessness
- Sleeping habit changes or sleeplessness (Insomnia)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Unrealistic thoughts and beliefs about one’s own abilities
- Racing thoughts
- Participating in high-risk behaviors or impulsive such as gambling, unsafe sex, or making unwise investments.
Manic Depression Treatment & Medication:
Assessment is also important as there are different types of bipolar disorder and specific Manic Depression Treatment can be given only when the disorder is clearly diagnosed. However, there are treatment options for bipolar disorders in general, let us have a look at them:
- Psychoeducation: Learning about the disorder is essential as it helps you understand the difficulty you are going through along with that you can also keep track of your progress when taking treatment. It also helps you identify situations that trigger your mood thus helping you either cope or avoid it.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for Manic Depression Treatment: Also known as CBT helps focuses on changing the thought patterns thus changing the behavior. It aims to detect the unhelpful thinking patterns and replace them with alternative helpful ones. It also helps you identify triggers and ways to cope with them. it also focuses on managing symptoms and problem-solving.
- Interpersonal & social rhythm therapy: Interpersonal therapy shows how the person communicates with others in their lives; it aims to manage conflicts in their interpersonal relationships. Along with interpersonal therapy, social rhythm therapy is also used. Individuals with bipolar tend to have a very sensitive biological clock and this can be easily disrupted causing stress. As stress is one of the triggers in bipolar, this therapy helps stabilize the individual’s sleep, wake, eating and other activities, thus stabilizing the social rhythm.
- Family therapy: Family therapy is recommended for individuals with bipolar as it affects their relationship with the family members and creating conflicts. Also, family therapy plays an important role in educating the family members about the disorder and helping to create a positive and supportive environment for the individual.
Get a Professional Help for manic-depressive disorder
Taking up treatment and keeping up with it can be a task for the individual suffering from manic depression. Manic Depression requires continued treatment to improve and maintain the symptoms. Here, family and friends play a crucial role in supporting and encouraging the individual. For the best manic depression treatment, contact psychologist & psychiatrist on +919611194949.