Someone, you know is having bipolar disorder? Then probably you should be knowing how short-term psychiatric rehab center can help.
What is Short-term Psychiatric Rehabilitation?
Short term psychiatric rehabilitation is one among the effective treatment option for bipolar disorder. Also, the best way to guide the individual reintegrate back into society and live a productive life.
How psychiatric rehabilitation programs help?
The objective of the program is to help the individual deal with the illness and its effects. At the endeavours of the program, the individual may have depth knowledge of specific illness and develop strong coping skills against the symptoms/ triggers.
Rehab centres help the individual to deal with the illness and situations through evidence-based treatments/ therapies. The ultimate goal of Short-term Psychiatric Rehabilitation program is to support the individual from social stigmas and discriminations. Inside rehab, the professionals assist the individual to develop certain skills to regain their intellectual abilities and social communications.
What are the Available psychiatric rehabilitation programs in a rehab center for bipolar disorder?
- Diagnosis- it is the initial process where the individual gets screened by the therapist to identify the illness and its severity. Through the behaviours and symptoms, the therapist suggests the tailor-made treatment plans.
- Medication– here the psychiatrist prescribe medicine that is recommended to minimise the severity of the illness. Medications for bipolar disorder instil mood stabilisers, antidepressants and antipsychotics.
- Individual counselling– counselling sessions allow the therapist to track improvements of the individual from the illness. Counselling sessions assist the person to boost their self-confidence, social communications and interpersonal relationships.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)– it is one of the effective therapies for conditions like bipolar. The objective of the therapy is to alter the thoughts and behaviours of the individual that triggers bipolar disorder.
- Family therapy– this program involves the family member to get knowledge about the illness and symptoms. It helps them to assist and support the suffering family member during a crisis. Several researchers suggest having a good support system may help the individual to recover much faster.
- Group therapy- a group of like-minded people gather to exchange thoughts and stories about the common issue under the supervision of a counsellor. It helps the individual to know more about the illness and the severity. Also, it makes the person understand they are not the one to struggle with the illness.
- Holistic therapy– it involves activities such as yoga, exercise, guided meditation, reel therapy, music therapy and much more. All together these therapies help the individual to overcome the difficult situations mentally and physically.
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)- particularly this therapy is suggested by the professional when the individual is allergic to medication or treatment failure. A small amount of electric current passed through the electrodes to the scalp. It helps balances the brain chemicals and allows the person to take control of the illness.
You may be reading this blog for yourself or for your adored one suffering from bipolar disorder. Early interventions have positive impacts on the symptoms. Gift your loved one with the best rehabilitation programs in Bangalore. Call us at +91 96111 94949.