Mr. Francis (name changed) was rushed to hospital in the early morning hours at 3.00 am for sudden severe abdominal pain. On thorough he was found to have ulcer (wound inside stomach) also his cholesterol levels were high, on the verge of developing diabetes.
It may seem by reading the above problems that he might have had bad lifestyle and habits. But little is the awareness or even acceptance that this could be due to longstanding stress he faced in his workplace. Organizations, family and to some extent even professionals also fail to realize the importance of identification and modification of workplace stress.
At organization stress could be due to many factors like unsafe working condition, insecurity of job, poor interpersonal relationship with supervisors, discrimination, new management style, lack of acceptance of existence of stress at workplace and lack of acknowledgment of individual achievements.
(1) Develop workplace environment of genuinely caring management about well being of workers
(2) Effective formal and informal communication.
(3) Clear definition of roles
(4) Effective HR system to support proactive management
(5) Efficient and empathetic conflict and grievances resolution.
(6) Encouraging social and sporting activity within workplace
Individual/ personal role:-
(1) Be humorous – because laughter produces helpful chemicals in the brain
(2) Brisk walk and change environment: go out for brisk walk or take deep breath, observe breathing
(3) Drink water (not coffee, tea, coke etc) you will drink more water if you keep some on your desk/table at all times. It is human nature to drink if it is there. When you drink more water you get break to go to washroom.
(4) Weeping proper tears has a powerful helpful affect on stress levels. What ever the science behind crying a good bout of sobbing and weeping does seem to release tension and stress for many people.
(5) Good sleep for 6-8 hrs
It also provides the facility for family members to stay along with the patient; who gives them a better understanding of the……..
A chemical known as serotonin in the brain, has strong affects on an individual’s mood. The abnormalities in the serotonin chemistry…..
Still due to a cultural and religious association with the preparations a small amount of usage has permission in certain places of…….
It creates a sense of euphoria and increased energy in a person. The effect is almost immediate, which lures a person for a little…….
I always turned to my brother whenever I had any significant decisions to make in my life. When my brother was diagnosed…………
When a friend or a family member would come to you to discuss an issue they are having, we are ready (always) to dispense our ……………..
Watching your loved one struggling to remember something or feel challenged to even perform simple daily task can become quite………..
Keep a track of patterns which trigger or heighten the symptoms like confusion, agitation or irritation. This can include things……….
where most couples swear by ‘janam, janam ka bandhan’ socio-economic complexities are increasingly casting their shadows…….
A conclusive evidence about its effectiveness is yet to emerge. Though in numerous cases it is found to be effective. Some experts…….
Although there are some known risk factors associated with the PPD it is very seldom that we find there is sufficient awareness……….
You can plan a nature walk in areas near your home. Please be realistic about the distance they can walk without any trouble. The objective…………
The manager or the employer can work for creation of a more conducive work atmosphere for optimal realization of employees’ potential….
Atleast 8 lakh people die of suicide every year around the world. While that many die, there are 20 times more people who have………
hings like fastening a button, switching on a light, picking up something or even walking becomes difficult without help. Although……….