Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that disrupts the way an individual looks and responds at the world and self. The exact reason or cause of this disorder has not yet been found. However, it is believed that a combination of internal and external factor play an important role in the occurrence of schizophrenia.
Let us look at the few factors known to play an important role in schizophrenia:
- Genetics: In many cases schizophrenia is seen to run in families. If an individual’s family members have schizophrenia, the individual would be more vulnerable to it when compared to other who does not have a family history of schizophrenia. Twin studies have also shown that if one of them have schizophrenia, the other twin have more chances in developing it too.
- Brain structure: Studies have shown that particular difference brain structures play important role schizophrenia. These changes are present in all individuals with schizophrenia, but they do suggest that it is a disorder of the brain. Some of the differences are larger brain ventricles and lesser brain connections.
- Neurotransmitters: Neurotransmitters are brain chemical that play an important role in controlling body and brain functions. It is believed that certain imbalance in these brain chemical can result in schizophrenia symptoms. This assumption persists because medications that increase or decrease these chemical are seen to be effective in reducing majority of these symptoms.
- Stress: If the individual already has a vulnerability to schizophrenia, stress can trigger the symptoms to surface. These involve stressful life events such as death of a loved one, lose of employment and any lifestyle changes that can be stressful to the individual.
- Social factors: Social factors may not cause schizophrenia but they are seen to be significant in relapse. When an individual with schizophrenia is able to manage his/her symptoms but is criticised and discriminated to a far extent, they may fall back to their previous state.
The root cause of schizophrenia and their manifestation can be different for different people. However, there is still hope to cope and manage it. There are various therapies that can help and individual reduce the symptoms and function appropriately in their lives. For schizophrenia treatment with experts, call us now on +919611194949.