1. Take a ‘timeout:’ Although it may seem cliché, counting to 10 before reacting really can defuse your temper.
2. Get some space: Take a break from the person you’re angry with until your frustrations subside a bit.
3. Once you’re calm, express your anger: It’s healthy to express your frustration in a non confrontational way. Stewing about it can make the situation worse.
4. Get some exercise: Physical activity can provide an outlet for your emotions, especially if you’re about to erupt. Go for a brisk walk or a run, swim, lift weights or shoot baskets.
5. Think carefully before you say anything: Otherwise, you’re likely to say something you’ll regret. It can be helpful to write down what you want to say so that you can stick to the issues. When you’re angry, it’s easy to get sidetracked.
6. Identify solutions to the situation: Instead of focusing on what made you mad, work with the person who angered you to resolve the issue at hand.
7. Use ‘I’ statements when describing the problem: This will help you to avoid criticizing or placing blame, which can make the other person angry or resentful — and increase tension. For instance, say, “I’m upset you didn’t help with the housework this evening,” instead of, “You should have helped with the housework.”
8. Don’t hold a grudge: If you can forgive the other person, it will help you both. It’s unrealistic to expect everyone to behave exactly as you want.
9. Use humor to release tensions: Lightening up can help diffuse tension. Don’t use sarcasm, though — it’s can hurt feelings and make things worse.
10. Practice relaxation skills: Learning skills to relax and de-stress can also help control your temper when it may flare up. Practice deep-breathing exercises, visualize a relaxing scene, or repeat a calming word or phrase to yourself, such as “Take it easy.” Other proven ways to ease anger include listening to music, writing in a journal and doing yoga.
Managing anger is more easier said than done. As we have discussed it more than a simple
Lesson or way of life to just learn understand and adopt it is an inherent emotion with both body and environment having influence with a conditioning tinge adding to the already difficult situation. Hence first step is to understand that anger is not bad and we cannot be completely be without it but when used constructively it can change lives. To have constructive anger first step is to understand which is what this reading does.
It also provides the facility for family members to stay along with the patient; who gives them a better understanding of the……..
A chemical known as serotonin in the brain, has strong affects on an individual’s mood. The abnormalities in the serotonin chemistry…..
Still due to a cultural and religious association with the preparations a small amount of usage has permission in certain places of…….
It creates a sense of euphoria and increased energy in a person. The effect is almost immediate, which lures a person for a little…….
I always turned to my brother whenever I had any significant decisions to make in my life. When my brother was diagnosed…………
When a friend or a family member would come to you to discuss an issue they are having, we are ready (always) to dispense our ……………..
Watching your loved one struggling to remember something or feel challenged to even perform simple daily task can become quite………..
Keep a track of patterns which trigger or heighten the symptoms like confusion, agitation or irritation. This can include things……….
where most couples swear by ‘janam, janam ka bandhan’ socio-economic complexities are increasingly casting their shadows…….
A conclusive evidence about its effectiveness is yet to emerge. Though in numerous cases it is found to be effective. Some experts…….
Although there are some known risk factors associated with the PPD it is very seldom that we find there is sufficient awareness……….
You can plan a nature walk in areas near your home. Please be realistic about the distance they can walk without any trouble. The objective…………
The manager or the employer can work for creation of a more conducive work atmosphere for optimal realization of employees’ potential….
Atleast 8 lakh people die of suicide every year around the world. While that many die, there are 20 times more people who have………
hings like fastening a button, switching on a light, picking up something or even walking becomes difficult without help. Although……….