The 12 Step Program is a type of Group intervention where systematically the a person who has completely recovered from the addiction to alcohol and drugs shares his journey there by instilling hope in the recovering individuals also start the journey to sobriety.
Anunitha has special invitees and also in house trained personnel who conduct 12 Step program along with other evidence based group and other psycho social interventions.
The 12 steps published by Alcoholics Anonymous and followed at anunitha as well is
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol- that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives to the care of God as we understood him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have god remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continue to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with god as we understood him, praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.