- Sleep disturbance
- Appetite disturbance
- Unusal Behaviour
- Blunted feelings
- Speech that is difficult to follow
- Positive Symtoms
- Negative Symtoms
- Cognitive Symtoms
- HALLUCINATION: Hearing and seeing things that aren't there.
"I can hear Ram's voice and it talks about harming me"
- THOUGHTS PROBLEM: Disorganized thinking, illogical speech, inappropriate emotion to speech
- DELUSIONS: Strange and unshakable beliefs.
"My neighbors are always against me and want
- ALTERED SENSE OF SELF:altered and unrealistic sense of who the person is in relation to the other world.
- Memory problem
- LACK OF MOTIVATION: lack of energy or interest in life even basic things like taking shower or shaving or talking to people.
- BLUNTED FEELINGS: inability to express emotions/feelings appropriate while able to feel the same.
- SOCIAL WITHDRAWL: limited or no interaction with family, friends and well wishers.
- UNUSAL POSTERS OR MANNERISM: sitting in a position for
Problem with attention, remembering things, concentrating on things.
MEDICATION: there are a number of medications which helps a person with Schizophrenia. The most commonly used medications are called Anti Psychotics.
- It may take some trial & Error to find the medication that works best with least sides effect of a person.
Talk Therapies helps to develop healthier thinking patters including helping to understand about the illness and various dimensions of illness.
- Creating Therapies
- Diet, rest and exercise : a balanced & healthier approach to all
- Vocational Rehabilitation: help develop skills needed to work.
- Seek help from professionals and friends for you also
- Take time off for you self
- Avoid guilt you are not the cause for illness
Famous people who had Schizophrenia
- Lionel abridge
- Vaslov Nijinsky
- John Forbes Nash
- 90% of person with Schizophrenia experience dilutions at some stage
- What people with Schizophrenia see / hear seems absolutely real to them no matter how unbelievable ore unrealistic other may find it.
- Treatment for Schizophrenia is most effective if it began early as soon as possible after symptoms appear.
- For every persons with Schizophrenia about 10 others are