In this ever changing and evolving social and cultural milieu and ever progressing scientific understanding of the brain and behaviour the role of Residential psychiatric rehabilitation centres also is changing and demanding. CADABAM'S established in the year 1992 with a mission to offer “home away from home” type of facility and service which was the need of the hour then when psychiatric rehabilitation was in its very nascent stages to this day when Psycho social rehabilitation has become one of the specialities with evidence based therapies for RECOVERY.
CADABAM'S today has speciality centres of excellence evolved with specific therapeutic program to suit the needy person with mental health problems while a team of mental health professionals strive with family for successful reintegration.
WE ARE TODAY :
- The most comprehensive psycho social rehabilitation centre with over 400 persons with various mental health issues undergoing rehabilitation under one roof and 1000's being reintegrated back to society and family.
- The centre is spread across sprawling 5,59,000 Sq Ft of land area and a built up are of about 2,30,000 Sq Ft. More than 50% of the area being open with greenery, walking path, space for outdoor games it in itself soothes the troubled mind.
- Over 70 mental health professionals work round the clock with 24*7 ambulance and nursing care to not only manage the psychiatric problems but also the associated medical issues.
- NEERAJA out lets India's first Supported Employment facility managed by the rehabilitated residents was conceived and founded by CADABAM'S.
- Comprehensive psycho social centre with RECOVERY oriented programmes, Short Term & Long Term rehabilitation, care suiting to the needs and challenges posed by the illness.
- Centres of Excellence for focussed and specialised interventions :
- MIND TALK Centre for psychological and Neuro psychiatric services. A centre for preventive and promotive mental health care.
- Centre for short and long term Rehabilitation
- Centre par excellence- ‘ANANYA' A Tri-star care centre
- Centre for De addiction of alcohol and Substance dependence
- Half way house for persons with psychiatric disability
- Center for supported living-AAKANKSHA
- Center for supported employment-NEERAJA
- Centre for person with Intellectual and developmental disorders-ANKITHA
- Centre for acute intervention & emergency psychiatry (CINPS, Bangalore)(PROPOSED)
- UNIQUE INITIATIVES :
- ANVESHA: A platform to explore and exhibit talents of persons with mental illness. To show case mental illness is no bar for excellening in life. To have Nobel laureates like John Nash who had Schizophrenia in India also.
- REEL Therapy Club is a platform for professionals working on cinema therapy to exchange their views and knowledge.
- FILM FESTIVAL a carnival of world class movies screened with a therapeutic aim as CINEMA THERAPY
- BRIGHT STAR a recognition for persons with mental health issues who have won over the illness.
- CADABAM'S BPO an initiative of Residents of the centre as part of their Recovery.