Thoughts creating Anxiety (obsession)
- THOUGHTS: Word or phrase or rhymes that is unpleasant, shocking or blasphemous
‘Things are contaminated with gems ‘
- PICTURES: Visualization of somebody being dead , being violent , being abuse
- DOUBTS: Wondering for hours that the person might have caused an accident /misinformed somebody
- RUMINATIONS: Endlessly arguing with self to do this or that.' indecisiveness”.
- PERFECTIONISM: Extreme botheration about putting things in order
- Feeling of tensed, fearful, guilty, disguised or depressed.
- Feeling better by carrying out compulsive behavior or ritual –which last for shorter period.
Things done to reduce Anxiety (compulsion)
- CORRECTION OBSESSION THOUGHTS: By praying or chanting etc
- RITUALS: Doing thighs slowly, clearly, repeatedly, in a particular way preventing them from doing anything other productive and fruitful work.
- AVOIDANCE: Avoiding things creating anxiety
- HOARDING: Hoarding even useless and worn out possessions
- RE ASSURANCE:Repeatedly asking other's to confirm things are alright for reassurance
- MEDICATIONS : Medications helps 6-7 out of the 10 with OCD. Anti obsession medications help to prevent OCD coming back as long as it is taken.
- THERAPY : Exposure and response prevention : A therapy to stop compulsive behavior and anxieties from strengthening each other.
- COGNITIVE THERAPY: Psychological treatment which helps to change the reaction it thoughts instead of trying to get rid of them.
- Record the thoughts and listen or read them everyday regularly for half an hour until anxiety reduces.
- Resist compulsive behavior but not obsess ional thoughts
- Do not get in Alcohol / self medications it does not help
- Seeking professional help
- He is obsessed with food
- He is compulsive eater
- Are misleading as the compulsive in OCD never give pleasure
- People with OCD know well that thoughts creating anxiety are not true but are unstable to control them which is the hallmark of OCD
- Medication coupled with psychotherapy double the